FAMILY ONLINE CLASSES
We are bringing our beloved music education program right to your living room with LIVE classes on Zoom!
- Weekly Live Clases- Each of our teachers will be offering 25-30 minute live classes on Zoom. MIssed a class? No problem! Classes will be recorded and uploaded to watch anytime in a private FB group only for enrolled families.
- Class Materials- Enrolled families will receive a download code for the Spring Maracas Song Collection and a digital copy of their illustrated songbook. Local families will have the option to get hardcopy materials which include a songbook, parent guidebook, and CD, mailed or delivered to them.
- Private Facebook Group- In this private group, we will post short videos of live experiences via FB Live or Zoom ( like lullabye time, dance party, jam session or singalong storytime), special content for music making with babies, musical crafts, parent education, and more!
- Uncle Gerry!- Access to musical videos of our very own Uncle Gerry. Exclusively for enrolled families.
- Downloadable Family Resources- Coloring pages, musical games, etc.
"Ages birth through six are crucial. These are the years that neural pathways develop most rapidly. The window is fully open for musical growth and development!"
Is my baby too young for music class?
Babies have already been listening and responding to music, language, and other sounds for as much as half of their lives before birth. A child is never to young to hear and respond to music and language.
-Music Together® Parent Guide Book
Mixed Age Classes:
These classes are for ages birth - five and their parents or caregivers. Ten weekly, 45-minute classes include a variety of songs, rhythmic rhymes, movement, props, and instrument play/jam sessions. (Summer sessions are typically 6 weeks long). These activities are presented as informal, non-performance-oriented musical experiences--developmentally appropriate for children and easy for parents and caregivers--regardless of their own musical ability. A CD, digital download, and Songbook are included, along with a Parent Guide DVD and exclusive access to the new Family Music Zone!
Big Kid Classes:
Music Together Big Kids® is the answer to "What's next for my child?"! The Big Kids program is the "next step" offering for 5-6-and 7-year-olds whether they are Music Together veterans or new to the program. Classes are 60-minutes long and prepare the children for basic music literacy with a more sophisticated, structured approach using music and movement activities that are developmentally appropriate for this age group-as well as all the features of Music Together that families love. Because children this age are often ready for more independence, parent participation is only required for the child's first time, a portion of the last class of each semester, and the last ten minutes of each class. Siblings are encouraged to attend this last 10 minutes of each class as well, to promote the model of family music making. Because the learning is cumulative, parents are encouraged to enroll their big kid for at least three semesters to get the most our of the program. Families receive a CD and special Big Kids Songbook for each collection, as well as a pack of Solfège Cards and weekly “HomePlay” pages with optional home activities. Parents are updated about what their children are doing in class when they attend the last ten minutes and through the “Ask Me About” feature of the family songbook.
Below is our schedule of upcoming classes: